Bed Bug Behavior
Bed Bug Behavior West Palm Beach, Stuart
- Bed bugs are active at night and hide during the day. After mating, females lay white, oval eggs (1/16-inch long) into cracks and crevices. An individual bed bug can lay 200-250 eggs in her lifetime.
- The eggs hatch in about 6-10 days and the newly emerged bed bug nymphs seek a blood meal. Immature nymphs molt five times (i.e., they shed their outer exoskeleton in order to grow) before reaching adulthood.
- They need to feed at least once before each molt, although they could feed as often as once a day.
- There may be three or more generations per year. All ages are found in a reproducing population. Immature bed bugs may live for several months without feeding while adults may survive as long as one year without a meal.
- Under normal circumstances, adult bed bugs will live for about ten to eleven months.
*Some restrictions apply ask our representative for details.
We are delighted to provide 100% satisfaction guaranteed services in West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Jupiter, Stuart, Palm City and Wellington. With one call you will experience the benefits of our 25 years of superior service in Pest Control, Lawn and Ornamental, Residential Wild Animal Removal for your Residential, Commercial or Equestrian Facility.